Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Half-Baked Princess

After seeing Julie and Julia last year, I found myself inspired to start cooking again. Not through any one cookbook, but, more than heating up take out left-overs or seeing how many ways I can use a boiled chicken for days on end lol. I have had fun trying new recipes, and comparing them with friends and my sister.
I have a lot of cookbooks and cooking magazines that I’ve often looked through and thought, “Ooh, that sounds good…ooh I should try that one…ooh yumm…” but I have just now started making some of these recipes.

For those that have seen Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince AND who have seen the insides of my cookbooks will get the reason for the name of this blog… One night when I was watching the movie for probably the 5th time at the same time as looking through recipes, I laughed to realize I write in my cook books the same way the “half-blood prince” wrote in his book…and thus I’ve deemed myself the half-baked princess lol.

But something was missing from the title…

When I lived down in PA I often house-sat for a woman who would always tell me to help myself to anything that was in the fridge. She also regularly declared that she was “no Jane Fonda” which is funny to me because Jane Fonda isn’t exactly Julia Childs or Rachel Ray or Betty Crocker lol. But that is apparently who she attributed her lack of cooking skills (or maybe lack of cooking motivation) to. As a result, their house generally contains the following core ingredients: humus. bacon. whole milk. random types of alcohol. starbucks mocha fraps (if I was lucky lol). hummus. oreos. sprite. chex mix. and of course massive amounts of cat food… lol.

So, here’s to you Ms. Fonda (or, those who AREN’T!) My contribution to the blog world, and to the food needs of all mankind. Or at least my sister and facebook friends :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment