Saturday, February 5, 2011

Banana Zucchini Bread - posted by Jessica

So I had some shredded zucchini in my freezer left over from the summer that I wanted to get rid of. I was going to make chocolate zucchini bread but also noticed I had some overripe bananas so thanks to a Google search, I found a yummy bread that combines two classic sweet breads into one! I cut the recipe in half to make just one loaf and used sliced almonds instead of the walnuts as that is what I had on hand. I also used a good portion of white whole wheat flour for the all purp flour with good results. And I decreased the sugar just a bit as the banana was overripe and would be very sugary. I turned out really good!

Ingredients:
3 eggs
3/4 c oil
2/3 c br sugar
1 c sugar
1 c grated zucchini
2 bananas, mashed
2 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 c flour
1 Tb cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp bk pwd
1 tsp bk soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 c craisins
1/2 c chopped walnuts

Oven to 325. Grease two 8 x 4 loaf pans. Beat eggs. Add oil thru vanilla. Beat well. Stir together flour and spices. Add to creamed mixture just till blended. (I had to add a little more liquid to get the flour to fully incorporate; used a tiny bit of soy milk). Fold in cranberries and nuts. Pour into pans and bake 50 to 60 minutes till done.
Super easy with delicious results!

Yield: 2 loaves 12 slices each.

No comments:

Post a Comment