Sunday, October 13, 2013

Easy Toasted Coconut Pie -- posted by Jessica

This is a really easy and tasty recipe found on the back of a box of Jello Coconut Cream flavor Instant Pudding. I made it for the dessert when I made the Pasta e Fagioli. I did not have squares of semi-sweet chocolate so I used about a 1/4 cup chocolate chips (milk chocolate as that is what I had). Also, I used natural unsweetened coconut instead of the flaked sweetened kind. Again, that is what I had on hand. The verdict: Healthy? No. Delicious? YES. LOL. And easy!

Ingredients:

2 squares semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2 cups thawed Cool Whip (I just used the whole container.)
1 6 oz. Graham cracker pie crust (or a home-made 9 inch one)
3/4 c. flaked coconut, toasted
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 pkg. (3.4 oz) Jell-O coconut cream instant pudding

Microwave chocolate 1 minute stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until completely melted. Add 1 cup cool whip and 1/4 cup coconut. Stir till well blended. Spread onto bottom of crust. Beat milk and pudding mix 2 minutes with whisk. Spoon over chocolate layer. Top with remaining cool whip and coconut. Chill 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment