Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies -- posted by Jessica

I'm finally getting around to posting my Christmas cookies! LOL. Better late than never! I always seem to make different recipes every year (often depending on what is in my pantry I want to use up!) I made four different ones this year and I have to say, they all turned out fabulous! Oftentimes, I'll have at least one that is just meh, okay. But these were all really good!
I'll start with the chocolate chip cookies. I found this recipe on the Cream of Wheat website as I had a couple boxes (it was on sale!!) cream of wheat to use up. I had a milk chocolate hazelnut candy bar that I chopped up to use in place of the chocolate chips and I omitted the nuts. To lighten them up a bit, I used 1/4 cup butter; 1/4 cup earth balance spread and 1 Tb vegetable oil instead of a full 3/4 cup butter.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup dry cream of wheat
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup nuts

Combine the dry ingredients. Cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in the flour mixture, then stir in the chocolate and nuts.

Drop by tablespoonful on greased or parchment lined baking sheets and bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes. Cool on pan 1 minute then removed cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
I got about 2 1/2 dozen using my cookie scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment