Saturday, October 27, 2012

Peaches and Cream Baked Oatmeal -- posted by Jessica

I'm borrowing this recipe from someone else's blog; I'm sorry, I don't remember where I found it! :)
This is a different and tasty take on a standard bowl of oatmeal. I make this with skim milk as that is what I had but serving it with cream would give it actual cream flavor! I just mixed the brown sugar into the oat mixture rather than sprinkling it on top. Though you could probably just leave it out as the peach juice and peaches are already sweet.

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 egg white
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup juice from canned sliced peaches
1 Tb oil
1 tsp baking pwd
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups sliced canned peaches
2 Tb brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Combine the egg, milk juice and oil. Whisk in baking pwd then add oats and cinnamon till combined. Pour into greased 9 inch pan. Top with peach slices and sprinkle with brown sugar (and more cinnamon if you are like me and LOVE cinnamon! ) Bake 35 to 40 min till set. Serve with milk if desired.
4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment