Saturday, October 27, 2012

Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodles -- posted by Jessica

I LOVE this recipe! It is soo good and easy! It is from a Skippy peanut butter cookbook. The first time I made it, I used regular creamy peanut butter. This time I used crunchy all natural peanut butter which I recommend! Also, I recommend using extra bell pepper (I used 2) and green onions (I used 5). I did not have fresh ginger, so I used a half tsp or so of ground. I also used 2 cups shredded cooked chicken which made this even faster to prepare. I also added one shaved carrot after sauteeing the peppers a little while. The first time I made this, I used whole wheat spaghetti. This time I used brown rice noodles which I liked better; it seemed more authentic. I highly recommend this recipe!

Ingredients:

2 Tbs veg oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 medium green or red bell pepper, sliced (or one of each is good!)
1 1/2 cups chicken broth (you may need a little more to thin out the sauce if needed)
1/3 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
3 Tb soy sauce
2 Tb honey
1 Tb cornstarch
1 Tb rice wine vinegar
2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 lb Asian noodles, spaghetti or linguine, cooked and drained

Heat 1 Tb oil in large skillet over medium-high and cook chicken till cooked about 7 min. Remove chicken and set aside.
Heat remaining oil and cook peppers and garlic 2 min. medium high heat.
Add broth, p.b., soy sauce, honey, cornstarch, vinegar and ginger. Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is thickened and smooth, about 2 minutes.
Return chicken to pan, stir in green onion and simmer till heated thru about 3 minutes. Serve over noodles and top with chopped peanuts if desired.

4 servings (I got 6 servings)

No comments:

Post a Comment