Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mediterranean Chickpea, Tomato and Pasta Soup -- posted by Jessica

This was a quick and surprisingly good soup. I did not use the cinnamon, but used garlic, some chili pwd and chives to taste. I bet salsa would be a good substitute for the can of tomatoes.

2 tsp olive oil
1 cup diced onion
1 1/2 cups water
16 oz can chicken broth
1/2 tsp ground cumin (I used a bit more)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 14.5 oz can diced tomates, undrained (I used tomatoes w/ green pepper and onion)
1/2 cup uncooked macaroni or other short pasta
2 Tb chopped fresh parsley

Heat olive oil in large saucepan medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 3 min till tender (I added some minced garlic as well). Add water and next 6 ingredients. Bring to boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add pasta and cook 9 min or till pasta is tender. Stir in parsley.
4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment